The Big Society Network
exists to support and develop talent, innovation and enterprise to deliver social impact.
By working with business, philanthropists, charities and social ventures we believe we can unleash the social energy that exists in the UK to help build a better, healthier society.
BSN interactive presentationLaunch
Connect with us
Big Society on Twitter: @thebigsocietytwittet
- @ccsruralteam We are so happy you enjoyed the awards reception and again a big congratulations #bigsocietyaward
- '@Nexters13 We're wishing all the students today Good Luck at the #appsforgoodawards Have fun today! #tech #startups'
- RT @Nexters13: Big thank you @RussamGMS @ianjoseph7 for this mornings #Nexters workshop on why having a high performing board is critical t…
Spring Giving: September news
Spring Giving has begun exciting new research to explore emerging trends in technology-enabled giving, initially focusing on:
- giving to charity through mobile phones, particularly using SMS.
- ‘dis-intermediation’, where some funding platforms are facilitating direct relationships between donors and recipients, thus cutting out charities.
So keep an eye out for those reports in the coming months. And check out the Insight Reports that we have been publishing too; they are packed full of helpful tips for charities wanting to deploy technology to its full potential, as are our blogs aligned to those themes.
Also, to present initial findings from our new research and to invite others in to the debate, we are putting on events related to those themes: