The Big Society Network
exists to support and develop talent, innovation and enterprise to deliver social impact.
By working with business, philanthropists, charities and social ventures we believe we can unleash the social energy that exists in the UK to help build a better, healthier society.
BSN interactive presentationLaunch
Connect with us
Big Society on Twitter: @thebigsocietytwittet
- @ccsruralteam We are so happy you enjoyed the awards reception and again a big congratulations #bigsocietyaward
- '@Nexters13 We're wishing all the students today Good Luck at the #appsforgoodawards Have fun today! #tech #startups'
- RT @Nexters13: Big thank you @RussamGMS @ianjoseph7 for this mornings #Nexters workshop on why having a high performing board is critical t…
Jubilee Hour: over a million hours of volunteering time pledged and still counting!
Big Society Network is pleased to be working in partnership with Big Society Co-operative on the London launch of Jubilee Hour, the campaign to recognize Her Majesty the Queen’s 60 years of public service by encouraging people to undertake 60 minutes of volunteering, or an act of goodwill.
Over a million hours of volunteering time have been pledged already, including everything from giving blood, fixing computers for the aged to running equestrian shows and jumping out of planes for charity. Pledge now and make a difference!
We are hosting the campaign’s official London launch at Somerset House on Tuesday 29th May, with speakers including the Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and John O’Brien, HRH Prince of Wales’s Representative and Founder of Jubilee Hour.
Partnering us on the London launch is the Big Society Co-operative (BSC) which aims to create transformational change in the way organisations relate to and work with each other.
The Big Society Co-operative is based on three founding principles:
- Shared Values – an ethical and transparent approach to bring about positive change for society.
- Working Together – members and partners working for a more efficient, effective and sustainable future.
- Membership Benefits – all co-op members benefit from discounted professional and back office services as well as open source information and advice.
Services for members include: Legal, Accountancy & Audit, PR, Marketing & Communications, Web design, HR support, Coaching and mentoring, Back office supplies including printing and stationery.
Membership is open to all civil society, social enterprises and not for profit organisations and to small and medium sized businesses and costs a £1 – per organisation for life. Join today
We are also using our network of national partners including Do it, Volunteering England, NCVO and others to work with the Jubilee Hour team to ensure that those organizations that want volunteers can find them and that individuals or teams of individuals who want to offer volunteer hours can find interesting things to do.
We hope you enjoy all the celebrations over the Jubilee period – and happy volunteering!